Friday, November 28, 2008

Things I am Thankful for!

So considering that yesterday was Thanksgiving, I figured that I should tell everyone what I am thankful for.

I am so so thankful for a wonderful husband. He is truly my best friend and together we have been through so much. He is such a kind and caring person and he treats me like a Queen. Brandon is such an amazing father and he does everything he can to make sure that me and the kids are taken care of. I love him so much.

I am thankful for my beautiful boys. I love being a mom, and I would be lost without them. Kyler is my 4 year old and he is constantly making me laugh, he has such an awesome personality. And then there is Kaston, he is growing so fast and it seems like he learns something new everyday. Its so fun watching as he tries something new for the first time, and its especially fun when both Ky and Kaston are playing together. I am so so lucky to have my kids and I am thankful to be their mom.

I am also very thankful for my dad. He was such an amazing person and I learned so much from him. I miss him so so much. Not a day goes by that I don't think of him. There are even days when I catch myself dialing his number just cuz I want to talk to him and hear his voice. I really wish he was here with me right now. I can't help but think that my kids are missing out on knowing such a great person. No matter what tho I will always be a daddy's girl, and I will never stop telling my kids all about him. I am very thankful for the time that I did have with my dad after all I am a better person because of him. Love you daddy.

I am thankful for my mom. She has also taught me a lot. I know that she had to give up a lot for us kids and I also know that she had to work really hard for everything that she had. My mom was raising kids and getting her degree at the same time. Now that I am trying to do the same I know just how difficult it was for her. She is a wonderful grandma. The grand kids always love to go over to grandmas house.

I am really thankful for my bro's and sister. We are so close and I love it. There isn't anything that we wouldn't do for each other. I love each one of them. We have been through a lot and I am glad that we have had each other to lean on.

I am also thankful for my friends. I have got really great friends and I am so lucky!

I have so so many things to be thankful for my list could go on forever. Most importantly tho I am thankful for my savior. I know that its because of him that I have so many great things in my life!

3 comments:

The Brindley's said...

It really is good to reflect on our many blessings, especially with the economy and all the bad things we could talk about. I am very thankful for friends like you! Even though we dont talk or see each other, I know you are there if I need ya. Hope you know the same.

CoUrT.n.JuS said...

Alisha, as I was reading your Post it brought tears to my eyes.. When your dad died I thought of you alot and HOW HARD that must be! I can't imagine!! Your tuff!! We really need to get in touch. ;)

Cherie Nelson said...

Alisha! Just letting you know I love you! Sorry that we didn't get over there tonight! We'll try to get there tomorrow!